Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

On Mother's Day, we had a very nice family meal at a new Chinese Restaurant we just discovered. Kathy was the only actual mother at the table, but we celebrated all of our mothers (and our daughters who are mothers). The food was quite acceptable and not nearly as crowded as most restaurants in town on Mother's Day. Here's a picture of our party next to the beautiful pond at the entrance of the restaurant. The pond is populated by some gorgeous koi (ornamental carp).

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you guys ! Looks like a neat restaurant ... actually, Mom was telling me about it on the phone yesterday ! I just remembered that.

Ellie said...

I just got a chuckle when I read that koi are ornamental carp. because I was wishing for a typo that would have rearranged the r and the a in carp. even though you are way too careful for something like that, I got a laugh in my head for it.