Saturday, October 09, 2010

Happy 80th, Mom!

Happy Birthday, Mom!
For once, I'm on time with my birthday wishes (although not in the snail mail)!

So, I was looking around for the perfect birthday card, when I came across this one, and it brought tears to my eyes, so I figured it must be the one.

It is true that I see many unhappy people in the world. I realize that what I am today, what I've become, is in large part due to the faith you and Dad had in me. I am happy, and I believe in myself. You believed in me, and that gave me the confidence to believe in myself, and to do my best, to pursue my dreams and become...

Your love, time, and support...

You were always there when I needed you. Your time was always there for me. You always supported me.

I am so happy that you have reached this milestone, your 80th year, and I look forward to many, many more. Again, happy birthday to the best Mom in the world for this grateful son.

I obviously don't remember when this picture was taken, but I love it now.
One of the pictures we have hanging on our wall. The back says 1992, but it doesn't say where. We were stationed in Japan at the time, so this must have been when we were home on leave.

So, again, Mom, we wish you a very Happy Birthday, Happy 80th, a wonderful year to come, and many more after that.

Your son....

With Love

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

So,your cards didn't only make you teary ... it made me teary ! And I'm sure it will make Grandma teary !! I love that you feel this way about your Mom ! I love that you not only feel this way but that you express it ! Great post Dad. Just another reminder to me of what an incredible family I am a part of ...

I love you !!

Oh ... and if you are reading this Grandma, happy birthday !!