Sunday, October 31, 2010

Featured Blog: Cognitive Dissonance

I discovered this most excellent blog when I reconnected with a friend from many years ago. I had the pleasure of working with Mike Kubat when we were both stationed in Rota, Spain. Although his self-description below is of a grump, I remember him as a courteous, pleasant, intelligent, well-spoken naval officer, for whom I had the utmost respect.
The writing on his blog, Cognitive Dissonance, reinforces those impressions from so many years ago. I commend the entire blog as a source of "real help when things simply make no sense," but in particuluar, I consider his recent article concerning global warming/climate change/climate disruption to be one of the most articulate, clear, well reasoned, and adequately documented I have encountered.
His writing style is not only cogent but engaging and often entertaining. Check it out. You'll be glad you did.

Cognitive Dissonance
real help when things simply make no sense...
About Michael J. Kubat
I'm a grumpy Czech-born clinical social worker who is vitally interested in the survival
of the United States as a viable democracy and a beacon of hope for the rest of the world.
Go to Michael's blog.

No comments: