Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanks to our Veterans

It is interesting that Veterans Day occurs shortly before Thanksgiving.
We are very thankful for our veterans.
Some gave their lives.
Some faced great danger and came home to tell about it.
Others, like me, traveled the world and never faced down an enemy in person.
Nevertheless, every veteran put his or her life on the line, with the possibility of risking everything at any moment, in any place, in defense of our constitution and our country.
"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

We owe our liberty, our ability to live lives unmolested from foreign enemies, our survival into the 21st century and beyond, to these men and women, who for whatever reason, dedicated a season of their lives to the defense of this great nation, "conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."
Here are two such heroes I knew personally.
My Dad...
...and my wife's Dad.




No comments: